Subject: bug#15045: Point jumps inappropriately around time of Semantic lexing

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:14:53 -0500

> I would very much like to use Semantic without unwanted scrolling, so I'd
> appreciate your feedback. How is the patch I submitted? What else do I need
> to do or investigate?
> Patch: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15045#212

The patch is a bit "ugly" (in the sense that it's a bit too ad-hoc), but
it's probably what it takes (tho maybe semantic-exit-on-input could be
replaced by while-no-input, which does not suffer from this problem,
but it's not a simple replacement).

But the main problem I see is that you already have a few "trivial"
patches installed, so this is summing up to something non-trivial which
requires copyright paperwork.

If that's OK with you, then, please fill the form below and send it to
the FSF as instructed, so they can send you the relevant paperwork.

        Stefan

Please email the following information to [email-masked], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]