Subject: bug#15043: closed (Re: bug#15043: 24.3; ange-ftp-run-real-handler not defined in v24.3)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 17:19:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15043: 24.3; ange-ftp-run-real-handler not defined in v24.3

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15043: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15043
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15043: 24.3; ange-ftp-run-real-handler not defined in v24.3
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:18:39 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Joshua Kordani wrote:

> because when I attempt to open a file using the ftp protocol, tramp
> loads, and the ssh handler throws an error about bad hostname ftp,
> instead of being passed to ange-ftp.  this is also the case when I
> start emacs -Q -l ange-ftp.

For the record, something like

emacs -Q
C-x C-f /ftp:anonymous@host-name:dirname

works fine for me.

Subject: 24.3; ange-ftp-run-real-handler not defined in v24.3
From: Joshua Kordani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 00:35:45 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Message-ID: 
<[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--
attempt to C-x C-f to /ftp:user@url, results in error message
ange-ftp-run-real-handler symbol not defined.

C-h f on that symbol returns

ange-ftp-run-real-handler is an alias for `tramp-run-real-handler',
which is not defined. Please make a bug report.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-13 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
-isystem
/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
-F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
locale-coding-system: nil
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: REPL

Minor modes in effect:
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
slime-repl-map-mode: t
slime-editing-mode: t
paredit-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down>
C-SPC C-a <backspace> <backspace> C-x C-s <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-w
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-s w e l o m <backspace> c o m e <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> C a p o t <backspace>
<backspace> i t a l SPC G U SPC D i b i <backspace>
<backspace> v i s i o n SPC I I I C-x C-s <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <backspace>
<backspace> I <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> M-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> C-y C-/ C-w <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-SPC M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b
M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b C-w C-y M-y M-y
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <backspace>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-x C-f s <return> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> C-s s
p r i n g <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
F a l SPC <backspace> l SPC 2 0 1 3 C-x C-s <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-SPC M-< <down> <down> <down>
<down> M-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> C-SPC C-s < / t a b l e <up> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-w C-y M-y
C-SPC C-r < / <backspace> t a b l e <tab> <tab> <return>
<tab> C-/ <down> <tab> C-/ <up> C-a C-SPC C-s < / t
a b l e > <return> <tab> C-x C-s <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up>
<switch-frame> <tab> M-x r e p o r <tab> e m <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /Users/joshuakordani/Desktop/rugby/schedule.html
Mark set
Saved text until "<td class="auto-style7">Home</td>
</tr>
"
Mark set [3 times]
Undo! [2 times]
Mark set
Saving file /Users/joshuakordani/Desktop/rugby/schedule.html...
Wrote /Users/joshuakordani/Desktop/rugby/schedule.html

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail debug sgml-mode view iswitchb
ediff epa epg epg-config magit-compat server diff-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org-table
org-agenda esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util bibtex org-id org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader rx ob-octave calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core
org-compat org-macs ob-eval tar-mode elp ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util autoload
two-column iso-transl noutline outline jka-compr lisp-mnt mail-utils
parse-time url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw
url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
ange-ftp loadhist tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete vc-git tmm electric
gdb-mi bindat json gud semantic/edit semantic/symref/grep
semantic/symref/list semantic/senator semantic/symref semantic/complete
eieio-opt find-func cus-start cus-load semantic/tag-file
semantic/bovine/c hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/bovine/make semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/dep semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/bovine/make-by semantic/bovine
semantic/db-mode semantic/db semantic/idle semantic/format
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet bookmark apropos rect make-mode dabbrev conf-mode find-dired dired
grep compile misearch multi-isearch vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-langs
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs mule-util sh-script smie executable tcl
rainbow-delimiters ido eldoc network-stream auth-source gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
derived pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt browse-url
tutorial help-mode paredit edmacro kmacro misterioso-theme
slime-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads magit-simple-keys-autoloads
magithub-autoloads magit-autoloads org-autoloads info paredit-autoloads
paredit-menu-autoloads psvn-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
finder-inf rudel-obby-display rudel-obby rudel-protocol rudel-tls
format-spec rudel-socket rudel-transport rudel-mode advice help-fns
advice-preload rudel-display rudel rudel-icons rudel-interactive
rudel-compat rudel-hooks rudel-operators rudel-overlay rudel-operations
rudel-session-initiation rudel-backend warnings rudel-util rudel-errors
eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eieio-custom wid-edit
eieio-base easymenu easy-mmode cl-macs gv cl cl-lib eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv package time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joshua Kordani
LSA Autonomy