Subject: Re: bug#15042: 24.3.50; while-no-input and input-pending-p

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 15:50:40 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > With the current implementation, I have to `discard-input' if I don't
>> > want this.
>>
>> Can you give an example where you'd want to do that?
>
> Actually, no.  This was hypothetical, maybe unfounded.

The definition of while-no-input has changed a lot since this issue was
opened, but it looks like it's basically functionally equivalent still.

Like Stefan, I think the definition looks correct -- we don't want to
do BODY even if the keystrokes arrive before `while-no-input' has
arrived, and (as you point out) if you don't want that, you can put a
`discard-input' before the loop.

So I think this is working as designed, and I'm closing this bug
report.  If there's something to be worked on here, please respond to
the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no