Subject: bug#15029: 24.3; feature-request: add window-focus-lost-hook

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:37:29 +0300

> Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 22:38:17 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>         [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
>         [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
>         [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.
> 
>     I think that ship sailed a long time ago.  E.g., moving the mouse
>     pointer from one frame to another erases the echo area on the former
>     and displays the same message in the latter.
> 
> That happens at a level below Lisp code, so it should not interact
> with anything.

It certainly interacts with the display engine, so it does belong to
the broad class of problems that you are worried about: it makes it
harder to debug Emacs.

In addition, redisplay can potentially run Lisp.