Subject: bug#15025: emacs --daemon stuck in infinite loop

From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 15:14:08 -0400

Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 08/09/2013 05:25 PM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
>
>> Now emacs is stuck. VframeList looks like it's empty.
>
> ...and you should hit `eassert (CONSP (Vframe_list))' in next_frame, but...
> do you have ENABLE_CHECKING turned on? (Hunting for a bug without it
> is just a waste of time).

It does not trigger that assert.

Vframe_list is:

(gdb) call debug_print(Vframe_list)
(gdb)

The backtrace is: 

(gdb) xbacktrace 
"delete-frame" (0x82f2d508)
"server-delete-client" (0x82f2da00)
"server-sentinel" (0x82f2ded8)

(gdb) bt
#0  next_frame (frame=0x1263165, minibuf=0xd47212)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/frame.c:1016
#1  0x0000000000421e14 in delete_frame (frame=0x1263165, force=0xd18092)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/frame.c:1216
#2  0x000000000042289a in Fdelete_frame (frame=0x1263165, force=0xd18092)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/frame.c:1455
#3  0x00000000005dfc9e in Ffuncall (nargs=0x2, args=0x7fff82f2d500)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2819
#4  0x0000000000628239 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=0x103bf01, vector=0x12c1925, 
    maxdepth=0x38, args_template=0x804, nargs=0x1, args=0x7fff82f2da08)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/bytecode.c:905
#5  0x00000000005e0483 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x11d3e3d, nargs=0x1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff82f2da00)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2984
#6  0x00000000005dfe60 in Ffuncall (nargs=0x2, args=0x7fff82f2d9f8)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2865
#7  0x0000000000628239 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=0x113dc31, vector=0x128c3f5, 
    maxdepth=0x28, args_template=0x808, nargs=0x2, args=0x7fff82f2dee8)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/bytecode.c:905
#8  0x00000000005e0483 in funcall_lambda (fun=0x11ef1e5, nargs=0x2, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff82f2ded8)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2984
#9  0x00000000005dfe60 in Ffuncall (nargs=0x3, args=0x7fff82f2ded0)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2865
#10 0x00000000005def01 in Fapply (nargs=0x2, args=0x7fff82f2dfa0)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2355
#11 0x00000000005df58d in apply1 (fn=0x300b912, arg=0xec2596)
    at /fac2/vol6/software/dann/hack/emacs/emacs-writable/trunk/src/eval.c:2589