Subject: bug#1502: Info received (bug#1502: CR/LF Unicode Problem)

From: "Lafleur, Henry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:11:53 -0600

One more thing to throw in the mix, I have this in my .emacs file for
UTF-16:

;;
;; Auto-detect UTF-16 files
;;

    ;; Add missing support functions
    (defun utf-16-le-pre-write-conversion (start end) nil)
    (defun utf-16-be-pre-write-conversion (start end) nil)

    ;; Set up auto-load of UTF-16 files using the appropriate coding
system.
    (setq coding-category-utf-16-le 'utf-16-le)
    (push 'coding-category-utf-16-le coding-category-list)

    ;; Detect endianness of UTF-16 containing a Byte Order Mark U+FEFF
    ;; Detect EOL mode by looking for CR/LF on the first line
    (add-to-list 'auto-coding-regexp-alist '("^\xFF\xFE.*\x0D\x00$" .
utf-16-le-dos) t)
    (add-to-list 'auto-coding-regexp-alist '("^\xFE\xFF.*\x0D\x00$" .
utf-16-be-dos) t)
    (add-to-list 'auto-coding-regexp-alist '("^\xFF\xFE" . utf-16-le) t)
    (add-to-list 'auto-coding-regexp-alist '("^\xFE\xFF" . utf-16-be) t)

I have no idea if this would cause the problem. These files start with
xEF xBB xBF, which shouldn't match the byte order marks above.

Thanks,

Henry. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Emacs bug Tracking System [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 3:35 PM
To: Lafleur, Henry
Subject: bug#1502: Info received (bug#1502: CR/LF Unicode Problem)

Thank you for the additional information you have supplied regarding
this bug report.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message is being forwarded to the package maintainers and other
interested parties for their attention; they will reply in due course.

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
 Emacs Bugs <[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please send
it to [email-masked], as before.

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish to
report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

--
1502: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1502
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

-----------------------------------------
CANRIG EMAIL NOTICE - This transmission may be strictly
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you may not disclose, print, copy, or disseminate this
information. If you have received this in error, please reply and
notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.
This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or
the sender's principal to conduct a transaction or make any
agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or
in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and
nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic
signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National
Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions
Act, or any other statute governing electronic transactions.