Subject: bug#1502: CR/LF Unicode Problem

From: "Lafleur, Henry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:26:13 -0600

Jason,

I don't see the problem in the sample.sql on Windows either. I was just
trying to get something to you guys over the weekend. The other file
uploaded, though, exhibits the problem (RRTestAppend1.sql).

Thanks,

Henry. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Rumney [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jason
Rumney
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:58 AM
To: Lafleur, Henry; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#1502: CR/LF Unicode Problem

Lafleur, Henry wrote:
>
> When I load a Unicode file (UTF-8) where some lines in CR/LF and some 
> lines end in LF, in hexl-mode the CR/LF EOL's appear as CR/CR/LF and 
> the LF EOL's appear as CR/LF. See this thread for more information:
>
> _http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxbcl/thread/8ef5b69
> d-135d-4584-ae1a-1caeb4afc846/#page:1_
>
>
> If I save the file in hexl mode, it will save it with the extra CRs, 
> thus modifying the file more than anticipated.
>

I don't see this with your sample.sql file using Emacs 22.3 here.
Do you still see the bug if you start Emacs from the command line as: 
emacs -Q

-----------------------------------------
CANRIG EMAIL NOTICE - This transmission may be strictly
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you may not disclose, print, copy, or disseminate this
information. If you have received this in error, please reply and
notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.
This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or
the sender's principal to conduct a transaction or make any
agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or
in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and
nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic
signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National
Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions
Act, or any other statute governing electronic transactions.