Subject: bug#1502: CR/LF Unicode Problem: UTF-8 file with problem

From: "Henry Lafleur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:45:46 -0600

OK, Emacs 22.1 on Linux (OpenSUSE 10.3) works just fine. The problem appears
to be isloated to Windows. I'm running Windows XP service pack 2, Emacs 22.1
or 22.3 and have the problem.

Thanks,

Henry.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Henry Lafleur <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Here's the file that is causing the problem.
>
> It starts with the with the 3-byte order mark and each line ends with with
> CR/LF except the two lines with character codes > 128 which end only in LF.
> When I open the file in Windows Emacs, each LF is preceeded by an additional
> CR so the lines with CR/LF end in CR/CR/LF and lines that end in LF end in
> CR/LF.
>
> If I start emacs with the -Q option, I get the same result. Normally I
> start Emacs by running the runemacs.exe. I'm running on Windows. (I'll check
> the problem on Linux once I get the file there also.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry.
>