Subject: Re: bug#15016: 24.3.50; return of #8789: touch border of *Backtrace* frame > it disappears (exits)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 17:18:39 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am now seeing again the behavior I reported in the middle of the
> discussion of bug #8789, which I thought had been fixed:
>
> When I touch mouse-1 to the *Backtrace* frame border, to try to widen
> the frame (because the debugger frame now insists upon reinitializing
> itself instead of remembering the last width I dragged it to...), the
> frame immediately disappears and the debugger is exited.
>
> Quite frustrating to use...
>
> Again, the context is using `debug-on-entry' for a function that is
> invoked when the minibuffer is active - for example, a function used to
> sort candidates in *Completions*.

Do you have a recipe to reproduce this bug from "emacs -Q"?  You're
mentioning the "*Backtrace* frame", which is unusual, so I'm guessing
you have some customisations to pop up a frame that has the backtrace
buffer?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no