Subject: bug#15011: 24.3; Scrolling Performance

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 11:14:29 +0300

> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 18:26:14 -0400
> From: Barry OReilly <[email-masked]>
> 
> Scrolling is known to be slow in C++ files without some performance
> tunes. I use these two customizations myself:
> 
>  '(font-lock-maximum-decoration (quote ((c++-mode . 2))))
>  '(jit-lock-defer-time 0.01)

Please provide some additional data, like the rate of your keyboard
auto-repeat (assuming that's when the problem happens), the usual
height of your C++ windows, the kind of CPU and clock speed you have,
and some quantitative measure of "slow scrolling".

A repeatable test case, starting from "emacs -Q", with a file to use
would also be good.

Without these data, a bug report such as this can never be known to be
resolved, because there's no way of telling whether what's fast enough
in my use cases is fast enough for yours.