Subject: bug#1501: Emacs 22 loses undo buffer

From: "Emerick Rogul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 21:03:01 -0500

That's clearly not the issue at all, since the header file is only 8k
in total size.  What's more, I get the message after hitting the undo
key sequence a couple of times.  Also, this works perfectly fine in
Emacs 21.2, as I mentioned in my initial report.

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Emerick Rogul" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Header file attached, although the problem occurs with any header file
>> (i.e., it's not specific to this particular file).  The trace below
>> contains the exact key sequence that I typed.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> What you're encountering is the "undo-limit", which specifies the
> maximum amount of undo information to keep.  The default is 20
> kilobytes, but you can raise it by changing the variable `undo-limit'.
> You can also find details in the Emacs manual.
>