Subject: 23.0.60; Emacsclient works with terminal frames but not Cocoa ones with Emacs.app

From: Will Farrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:41:42 -0500

Connecting to emacs with emacsclient, having run emacs with "-Q -- 
daemon",
works as expected so long I use it to create a frame in the terminal  
(ie. "emacsclient -t ...").

However, if I try to create a frame in the windowing environment (ie.  
"emacsclient -c ..."), I get a crash.

Emacs was compiled with HEAD of trunk yesterday, using the following  
flags:
--with-jpeg=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-ns

gdb claims that emacsclient exists normally, with no stack. However,  
Emacs.app itself provides a crash report
via OS X's built-in report mechanism:

Process:         Emacs [37636]
Path:            /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
Identifier:      Emacs
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [1]

Date/Time:       2008-12-05 10:40:36.372 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Application Specific Information:
*** single-threaded process forked ***

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x90d09b9e __kill + 10
1   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0009091c fatal_error_signal + 236  
(emacs.c:400)
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x90d0809b _sigtramp + 43
3   ???                           	0xffffffff 0 + 4294967295
4   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e216cc CFRunLoopAddSource + 124
5   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e23433  
__CFRunLoopAddItemToCommonModes + 115
6   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e291dc CFSetApplyFunction + 140
7   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e21824 CFRunLoopAddSource + 468
8   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e009bd CFMachPortCreateWithPort  
+ 541
9   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e00c05 CFMachPortCreate + 165
10  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e065ea  
_CFXNotificationCenterCreate + 250
11  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x93e06708  
_CFXNotificationGetHostCenter + 104
12  com.apple.Foundation          	0x93590b68 + 
[NSDistributedNotificationCenter notificationCenterForType:] + 344
13  com.apple.Foundation          	0x935909fc + 
[NSDistributedNotificationCenter defaultCenter] + 44
14  com.apple.AppKit              	0x94e491d2 +[NSDynamicSystemColor  
initialize] + 245
15  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x939f98b8 _class_initialize + 367
16  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x939f8239  
_class_lookupMethodAndLoadCache + 81
17  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x93a086d6 objc_msgSend + 102
18  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x939f98b8 _class_initialize + 367
19  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x939f978c _class_initialize + 67
20  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x939f8239  
_class_lookupMethodAndLoadCache + 81
21  libobjc.A.dylib               	0x93a086d6 objc_msgSend + 102
22  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00175aec Fx_open_connection + 44  
(nsfns.m:1763)
23  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106ec1 Ffuncall + 977 (eval.c: 
3050)
24  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0014187b Fbyte_code + 3835  
(bytecode.c:678)
25  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106771 funcall_lambda + 209  
(eval.c:3236)
26  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106cbb Ffuncall + 459 (eval.c: 
3101)
27  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0014187b Fbyte_code + 3835  
(bytecode.c:678)
28  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106771 funcall_lambda + 209  
(eval.c:3236)
29  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106cbb Ffuncall + 459 (eval.c: 
3101)
30  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0014187b Fbyte_code + 3835  
(bytecode.c:678)
31  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106771 funcall_lambda + 209  
(eval.c:3236)
32  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106cbb Ffuncall + 459 (eval.c: 
3101)
33  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0014187b Fbyte_code + 3835  
(bytecode.c:678)
34  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001062d6 Feval + 1062 (eval.c:2385)
35  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00108bc2  
internal_lisp_condition_case + 434 (eval.c:1457)
36  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00142292 Fbyte_code + 6418  
(bytecode.c:868)
37  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001062d6 Feval + 1062 (eval.c:2385)
38  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00104d3c internal_catch + 172  
(eval.c:1247)
39  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00142236 Fbyte_code + 6326  
(bytecode.c:853)
40  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106771 funcall_lambda + 209  
(eval.c:3236)
41  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00106cbb Ffuncall + 459 (eval.c: 
3101)
42  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001086d5 Fapply + 245 (eval.c:2533)
43  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010882d apply1 + 45 (eval.c:2798)
44  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00144d3d read_process_output_call  
+ 29 (process.c:5153)
45  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00104ac3  
internal_condition_case_1 + 259 (eval.c:1559)
46  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00145262 read_process_output +  
674 (process.c:5348)
47  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0014b6b7  
wait_reading_process_output + 1639 (process.c:4995)
48  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0009e199 read_char + 3577  
(keyboard.c:4041)
49  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a0514 read_key_sequence + 884  
(keyboard.c:9343)
50  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a2a3a command_loop_1 + 570  
(keyboard.c:1621)
51  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00104e5d internal_condition_case  
+ 253 (eval.c:1511)
52  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00092878 command_loop_2 + 72  
(keyboard.c:1339)
53  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00104d3c internal_catch + 172  
(eval.c:1247)
54  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000925ce command_loop + 174  
(keyboard.c:1318)
55  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00092692 recursive_edit_1 + 146  
(keyboard.c:942)
56  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00092811 Frecursive_edit + 257  
(keyboard.c:1005)
57  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000914cb main + 2891 (emacs.c:1780)
58  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00002eb6 start + 54

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
   eax: 0x00000000  ebx: 0x0009083e  ecx: 0xbfffc60c  edx: 0x90d09b9e
   edi: 0x00000005  esi: 0x00000005  ebp: 0xbfffc628  esp: 0xbfffc60c
    ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00000282  eip: 0x90d09b9e   cs: 0x00000007
    ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x00000037
   cr2: 0xbffebffc

Binary Images:
     0x1000 -   0x1a6feb +org.gnu.Emacs Version 23.0.60 (9.0)  
<73791f11f597c19fd8dfe6d8be0aca9e> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/ 
MacOS/Emacs
   0x3e1000 -   0x4c2ff7  libxml2.2.dylib ??? (???)  
<d69560099d9eb32ba7f8a17baa65a28d> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe2da53  dyld 96.2 (???)  
<c254337fa28c7eacb3d3e1d56aa141a4> /usr/lib/dyld
0x90003000 - 0x902ddff3  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 786.6  
(786.6) <5682aae1e2cf5ae750d5a4dea98c084c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/ 
Versions/A/CarbonCore
0x90372000 - 0x904aaff7  libicucore.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<3d8fdaf51c2664ab620f1688203caf26> /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
0x90654000 - 0x906ceff8  com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore 5.5.3  
(245.3) <222dade7b33b99708b8c09d1303f93fc> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
0x90754000 - 0x9075efeb  com.apple.audio.SoundManager 3.9.2 (3.9.2)  
<caa41909dcb5a18a94bc68cd13999bd5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/ 
A/CarbonSound
0x90784000 - 0x90b42fea  libLAPACK.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/ 
Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
0x90b48000 - 0x90ba1ff7  libGLU.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
0x90ba2000 - 0x90c69ff2  com.apple.vImage 3.0 (3.0) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/ 
Versions/A/vImage
0x90c6a000 - 0x90c99fe3  com.apple.AE 402.2 (402.2)  
<e01596187e91af5d48653920017b8c8e> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
0x90c9a000 - 0x90dfaff3  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???)  
<3699b292cde73c2847f87c7e1510d87b> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x90dfb000 - 0x90dfbff8  com.apple.ApplicationServices 34 (34)  
<e9cd7c823062c4382d89e3c9997f4739> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
0x91fe9000 - 0x92090feb  com.apple.QD 3.11.54 (???)  
<b743398c24c38e581a86e91744a2ba6e> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/ 
Versions/A/QD
0x921bc000 - 0x921e0fff  libxslt.1.dylib ??? (???)  
<ea5c8d349a3934ecc2b936f9cdfaba04> /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
0x921e1000 - 0x9221bfe7  com.apple.coreui 1.2 (62) /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI
0x9221c000 - 0x92523fff  com.apple.HIToolbox 1.5.4 (???)  
<5e2af960b53059c648af4adb99471032> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/ 
HIToolbox
0x92524000 - 0x9266aff7  com.apple.ImageIO.framework 2.0.4 (2.0.4)  
<6a6623d3d1a7292b5c3763dcd108b55f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/ImageIO
0x9270f000 - 0x9276cffb  libstdc++.6.dylib ??? (???)  
<6106b1f2b0b303b06ae476253dbb5f3f> /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
0x929d6000 - 0x93072fff  com.apple.CoreGraphics 1.351.33 (???)  
<481a77e81d9e53589a05e80cfa90bbb5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
0x93073000 - 0x9307bfff  com.apple.DiskArbitration 2.2.1 (2.2.1)  
<75b0c8d8940a8a27816961dddcac8e0f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
0x9307c000 - 0x930c5fef  com.apple.Metadata 10.5.2 (398.22)  
<a6b676925dd832780daf991e79adfebd> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/ 
Versions/A/Metadata
0x93415000 - 0x93419fff  libmathCommon.A.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
system/libmathCommon.A.dylib
0x9341a000 - 0x9341affd  com.apple.vecLib 3.4.2 (vecLib 3.4.2) /System/ 
Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x9342d000 - 0x93551fe3  com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 1.5.1  
(1.5.1) /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/ 
AudioToolbox
0x93589000 - 0x93804fe7  com.apple.Foundation 6.5.6 (677.21)  
<5cfa0aa8b9b43193955d601ba6c2591a> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
0x93805000 - 0x93823fff  libresolv.9.dylib ??? (???)  
<a8018c42930596593ddf27f7c20fe7af> /usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
0x93824000 - 0x939f2fff  com.apple.security 5.0.4 (34102)  
<3a178df3d2ee0bb65cdbfe570618acf4> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
0x939f3000 - 0x93ad3fff  libobjc.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<7b92613fdf804fd9a0a3733a0674c30b> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
0x93ca7000 - 0x93d01ff7  com.apple.CoreText 2.0.3 (???)  
<1f1a97273753e6cfea86c810d6277680> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/ 
Versions/A/CoreText
0x93d20000 - 0x93da7ff7  libsqlite3.0.dylib ??? (???)  
<6978bbcca4277d6ae9f042beff643f7d> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib
0x93db2000 - 0x93ee4fff  com.apple.CoreFoundation 6.5.4 (476.15)  
<e2869ad6dc1dd289f21b305b0bea9158> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
0x93ef9000 - 0x93f06fe7  com.apple.opengl 1.5.7 (1.5.7)  
<db835aeb1ffca9f5b5647dd0829a5b2c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
0x93f91000 - 0x9432efe7  com.apple.QuartzCore 1.5.5 (1.5.5)  
<82435993614a3fff1236be18f82188bf> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
0x9433b000 - 0x9433cffc  libffi.dylib ??? (???)  
<596e0dbf626b211741cecaa9698f271b> /usr/lib/libffi.dylib
0x9433d000 - 0x94349ffe  libGL.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
0x9434a000 - 0x94360fe7  com.apple.CoreVideo 1.5.1 (1.5.1)  
<80b173571cdb99a829e1b8ec0a677291> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
0x94361000 - 0x943f4ff3  com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS 3.4 (???)  
<a96cd91dabc68545183c11de8f92c7e4> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/ATS
0x943f5000 - 0x943f5ffd  com.apple.Accelerate 1.4.2 (Accelerate  
1.4.2) /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/ 
Accelerate
0x943f6000 - 0x94425ff7  libncurses.5.4.dylib ??? (???)  
<00632d5180ac31e2cd437a1ce9d08562> /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib
0x94450000 - 0x9446fffa  libJPEG.dylib ??? (???)  
<e7eb56555109e23144924cd64aa8daec> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
0x944a5000 - 0x94976f3e  libGLProgrammability.dylib ??? (???)  
<fe1a33d4919c121aab831ad516da6a89> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib
0x94978000 - 0x949b7fef  libTIFF.dylib ??? (???)  
<3589442575ac77746ae99ecf724f5f87> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
0x949b8000 - 0x949b8ffa  com.apple.CoreServices 32 (32)  
<2760719f7a81e8c2bdfd15b0939abc29> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
0x94a45000 - 0x94a6dfff  libcups.2.dylib ??? (???)  
<1031ca5b692b80a9568e57a342b60157> /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
0x94a6e000 - 0x94af8fe3  com.apple.DesktopServices 1.4.7 (1.4.7)  
<d16642ba22c32f67be793ebfbe67ca3a> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ 
DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
0x94af9000 - 0x94b78ff5  com.apple.SearchKit 1.2.1 (1.2.1)  
<3140a605db2abf56b237fa156a08b28b> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/ 
Versions/A/SearchKit
0x94bb6000 - 0x94c42ff7  com.apple.LaunchServices 290 (290)  
<61af37aac50984d220dd176f777e3b72> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/LaunchServices
0x94c43000 - 0x94c93ff7  com.apple.HIServices 1.7.0 (???)  
<f7e78891a6d08265c83dca8e378be1ea> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
0x94e46000 - 0x94e46ffc  com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.5 (1.5) / 
System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
0x94e47000 - 0x95644fef  com.apple.AppKit 6.5.3 (949.34)  
<4c7af9b12c894d4a528fda29377f143b> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
0x95645000 - 0x956c9fe3  com.apple.CFNetwork 339.5 (339.5)  
<c6565c13b0356e1d4bb99a68398d558b> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/ 
Versions/A/CFNetwork
0x956ca000 - 0x95701fff  com.apple.SystemConfiguration 1.9.2 (1.9.2)  
<8b26ebf26a009a098484f1ed01ec499c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
0x95884000 - 0x95886ff5  libRadiance.dylib ??? (???)  
<8a844202fcd65662bb9ab25f08c45a62> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
0x95887000 - 0x95941fe3  com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices 226.5  
(226.5) <2a135d4fb16f4954290f7b72b4111aa3> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/OSServices
0x95942000 - 0x95a0dfff  com.apple.ColorSync 4.5.1 (4.5.1) /System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
0x95abe000 - 0x95ecefef  libBLAS.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/ 
Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
0x961f2000 - 0x96230fff  libGLImage.dylib ??? (???)  
<f0fe2252f6b1ca341bc7837fe2dcf11a> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
0x96326000 - 0x9633cfff  com.apple.DictionaryServices 1.0.0 (1.0.0)  
<7e9ff586b5c9d02b09e2a5527d98524f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
0x9633d000 - 0x9634bffd  libz.1.dylib ??? (???)  
<545ca09467025f77131cfac09d8b9375> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
0x96426000 - 0x9642dfe9  libgcc_s.1.dylib ??? (???)  
<28a7cbc3a5ca2982d124668306f422d9> /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
0x9642e000 - 0x964abfef  libvMisc.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/ 
Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
0x965ae000 - 0x965aeffb  com.apple.installserver.framework 1.0 (8) / 
System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/InstallServer.framework/Versions/A/ 
InstallServer
0x965af000 - 0x965afffd  com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib 3.4.2 (vecLib  
3.4.2) /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x965b0000 - 0x965c0ffc  com.apple.LangAnalysis 1.6.4 (1.6.4)  
<8b7831b5f74a950a56cf2d22a2d436f6> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
0x9661f000 - 0x966aafff  com.apple.framework.IOKit 1.5.1 (???)  
<324526f69e1443f2f9fb722cc88a23ec> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
0x966b1000 - 0x966dcfe7  libauto.dylib ??? (???)  
<42d8422dc23a18071869fdf7b5d8fab5> /usr/lib/libauto.dylib
0x9671a000 - 0x9672afff  com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework 3.7.1  
(3.7.1) <06d8fc0307314f8ffc16f206ad3dbf44> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
0x9672b000 - 0x967a7feb  com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 3.1.0 (3.1)  
<be7120e91df91425e904d5327b4338b7> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
0x967ea000 - 0x96805ffb  libPng.dylib ??? (???)  
<4780e979d35aa5ec2cea22678836cea5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
0x96806000 - 0x9680ffff  com.apple.speech.recognition.framework 3.7.24  
(3.7.24) <6a6518b392d3d41ace3dcea69d6809d9> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/ 
Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
0x96810000 - 0x968c2ffb  libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib ??? (???)  
<69bc2457aa23f12fa7d052601d48fa29> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
0x968d3000 - 0x96983fff  edu.mit.Kerberos 6.0.12 (6.0.12)  
<da7253e3fb7e47e46cb46d47ed320ffc> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
0x96984000 - 0x9698bffe  libbsm.dylib ??? (???)  
<5582985a86ea36504cca31788bccf963> /usr/lib/libbsm.dylib
0x96a0d000 - 0x96a3afeb  libvDSP.dylib ??? (???)  
<b232c018ddd040ec4e2c2af632dd497f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
libvDSP.dylib
0x96a3b000 - 0x96a3ffff  libGIF.dylib ??? (???)  
<572a32e46e33be1ec041c5ef5b0341ae> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
0x9709b000 - 0x97180ff3  com.apple.CoreData 100.1 (186)  
<8e28162ef2288692615b52acc01f8b54> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
0xfffe8000 - 0xfffebfff  libobjc.A.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
libobjc.A.dylib
0xffff0000 - 0xffff1780  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
libSystem.B.dylib

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, NS apple-appkit-949.35)
  of 2008-12-04 on lawn-128-61-18-142.lawn.gatech.edu
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version  
97.112.112.108.101.45.97.112.112.107.105.116.45.57.52.57.46.51.53
configured using `configure  '--with-jpeg=no' '--with-gif=no' '--with- 
tiff=no' '--with-ns''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   eldoc-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
=2248 <backspace> M-x s u b <tab> m <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o <tab> r t - e m <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/wfarr/my-tex.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/wfarr/modes.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/wfarr/theme.el (source)...
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/vendor/themes/color-theme-example.el  
(source)...done
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/vendor/themes/color-theme-library.el  
(source)...done
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/vendor/twilight-emacs/color-theme- 
twilight.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/wfarr/theme.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/wfarr/.emacs.d/local.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...