Subject: bug#14981: closed (Re: bug#14981: 24.3.50; NS port error when closing maximized frames)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14981: 24.3.50; NS port error when closing maximized frames

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14981: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14981
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14981: 24.3.50; NS port error when closing maximized frames
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Chad Brown <[email-masked]>
Cc: chad brown <[email-masked]>, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 21:54:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 05:23:51PM -0700, Chad Brown wrote:
> 
> > On 11 Jun 2016, at 07:42, Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 
> >> 29 jul 2013 kl. 17:53 skrev chad <[email-masked]>:
> >> 
> >>> Using the latest bzr head, if I open a new frame (C-x 5 C-f), then
> >>> fullscreen the new frame (F11), then close that new frame while it's
> >>> still maximized (C-x 5 0), I get this message to stderr:
> >>> 
> >>> 	2013-07-29 10:46:15.559 Emacs[83142:303] void _NSMoveWindowToSpaceUnlessSticky(NSInteger, CGSSpaceID): CGSGetWindowTags(cid, win, tags, kCGSRealMaximumTagSize) returned CGError 1000 on line 1247 
> >>> 
> >>> This seems to be repeatable with emacs -Q.
> >>> 
> >> 
> >> I don't know how to fix this, it seems to be a bug in OSX. It is not
> >> fatal, but each error leaks some memory, which is bad.
> > 
> > I don't get this error in Emacs 25 under El Capitan. Perhaps it's been
> > fixed. Can anyone confirm whether they still see it?
> 
> I also do NOT see this with emacs-25 HEAD on mac os x 10.11.5. Maybe
> poke emacs-devel and see if anyone can try it on an older release?

Seeing as how we don't seem to be able to find anyone who can
replicate this anymore, I'm going to close the bug report.

Thanks.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 24.3.50; NS port error when closing maximized frames
From: chad <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:53:21 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Using the latest bzr head, if I open a new frame (C-x 5 C-f), then fullscreen the new frame (F11), then close that new frame while it's still maximized (C-x 5 0), I get this message to stderr:

	2013-07-29 10:46:15.559 Emacs[83142:303] void _NSMoveWindowToSpaceUnlessSticky(NSInteger, CGSSpaceID): CGSGetWindowTags(cid, win, tags, kCGSRealMaximumTagSize) returned CGError 1000 on line 1247 

This seems to be repeatable with emacs -Q.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39)
of 2013-07-28 on protip.local
Bzr revision: 109398 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns --enable-checking'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  desktop-save-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x 5 f <escape> <backspace> <escape> <backspace> <return> 
<f11> C-x 3 C-x 1 C-x 2 C-x 1 C-x 5 0 M-x r e p o r 
t SPC e m SPC SPC <return> C-g M-x r e p o r SPC e 
m SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
File /Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130722/org-autoloads.el removed from the recentf list
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (1 removed)
Loading /Users/yandros/.emacs.d/y-custom.el (source)...
Loading desktop...done
Loading /Users/yandros/.emacs.d/y-custom.el (source)...done
Completed ~/.emacs
Wrote /Users/yandros/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 1 buffer restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
ls does not support --dired; see `dired-use-ls-dired' for more details.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-w3m hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-version hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-version
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-timer hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-table hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-src hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-rmail hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-protocol hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-plot hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-mouse hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-mobile hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-mhe hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-macs hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-list hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-irc hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-install hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-info hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-indent hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-id hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-habit hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-gnus hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-footnote hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-feed hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-faces hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-eshell hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-eshell
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-entities hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-element hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-element
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-docview hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-datetree hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-ctags hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-crypt hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-compat hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-colview hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-clock hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-capture hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-attach hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-archive hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/org-agenda hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-table hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-sql hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-shen hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-shen
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-sh hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sh
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-screen hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-scala hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scala
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-sass hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-ref hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-R hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-python hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-perl hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-org hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-octave hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-lob hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-latex hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-keys hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-js hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-java hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-java
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-io hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-io
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-exp hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-eval hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-dot hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-css hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-comint hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-calc hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-C hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-awk hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-awk
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130729/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/Users/yandros/.emacs.d/elpa/company-0.6.10/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/src/emacs/working/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell nadvice gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug
message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils hl-line dired eldoc
help-fns vc-git debbugs-autoloads info paredit-autoloads
zenburn-autoloads package saveplace zenburn-theme desktop cus-start
cus-load icomplete which-func imenu recentf tree-widget wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib easymenu savehist delsel minibuf-eldef image-file
paren pcase y-mac y-modeline y-frame y-keybindings y-hacks time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)