Subject: Re: bug#14967: 24.3.50; package-delete deletes by trashing?

From: Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:51:47 +0200

2013/7/30 Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>:
> Sebastian Wiesner wrote:
>
>> Note that the call to "delete-directory" gives t as the 3rd argument,
>> thus allowing for deletion by moving to trash depending on
>> "delete-by-moving-to-trash".
>>
>> Is that intended behavior?  If so, what is the rationale behind it?
>
> I guess. Don't know. Maybe so you can undo a delete?
>
> What's the bug?

Well, obviously I consider this behavior a bug.  Trash is no place for
deleted packages.  I mean, does apt-get remove use the Trash?!

Undoing package removal by simply restoring from Trash does not work
reliably anyway, so what's the point of this, despite cluttering the
user's trash can?

PS: Please excuse the duplicate mail.  I had accidentally only mailed
you directly, and forgot to CC debbugs.  Sorry for any inconvenience.