Subject: 24.3; Set Default Font doesn't work on OSX

From: Adam Christensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:48:55 -0700

When I go to Menu > Options > Set Default Font... and click it, nothing
happens. I expect the OS-level font tools to open for me to chose my
font and everything.

To rule out the menu being wonky, I've also tried `x-select-font', but
that didn't work for me either.

To rule out my own emacs scripts being wonky, I started emacs with
`emacs -Q'.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.37)
 of 2013-03-31 on teneight-slave.macports.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--with-ns' '--without-x'
 '--without-dbus' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-pipe -O2 -arch x86_64'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -arch x86_64'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<menu-bar> <options> <menu-set-font> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)