Subject: bug#14949: Snapped window acts like a fullscreen one (Windows 7)

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 16:42:09 +0100

> emacs -Q
 > Win + left arrow

What does this do - move the frame to the left display border or make it
fullheight/fullwidth?

 > M-: (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen)   => nil
 > M-: (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen nil)
 >
 > The frame is "restored" to a default size.

Why is that bad?

 > So the frame, when snapped to the left or rigth, acts like a
 > (fullscreen . fullheight) one, but it is not marked as such.

If you refer to fullheight/fullwidth frames they have to act this way.
We could consider fullheight/fullwidth frames as "normal" but

(1) Windows doesn't know such frames so it can't handle them, and

(2) Emacs, if considering them normal, would forget about the previous
     normal size and you couldn't easily switch between
     fullheight/fullwidth and normal size any more.

But maybe I misunderstand what you want to do.

martin