Subject: bug#14949: Snapped window acts like a fullscreen one (Windows 7)

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 21:47:38 +0100

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Win + left arrow
>
> What does this do - move the frame to the left display border or make it
> fullheight/fullwidth?

It moves the frame to the left display border, and resizes it to
fullheight and half-width (so you can type Win+right into another
application and have the apps use the full screen side by side).

>> M-: (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen)   => nil
>> M-: (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen nil)
>>
>> The frame is "restored" to a default size.
>
> Why is that bad?

Because `frame-parameter' just told us that the frame wasn't
full-anything, so setting it again to fullscreen = nil shouldn't
change it, should it? Or, alternatively, restoring the frame to its
previous size is useful, but then I would expect that, after Win+left,
(frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen) => fullheight

Which is what I said:

>> So the frame, when snapped to the left or rigth, acts like a
>> (fullscreen . fullheight) one, but it is not marked as such.