Subject: bug#14940: 24.3.50; [PATCH] enhancement for `dired-hide-details-mode'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 17:34:07 +0200

Jambunathan K <[email-masked]> writes:

> Suggest `dired-hide-details-mode' as one of the "available" options to
> `dired-mode-hook'.  (May be through the :options keyword of defcustom.
> Much like what is done for `emacs-lisp-mode-hook').
>
> I have been using dired-hide-details-mode since it has been checked in
> to repo.  I never felt the need for "propagate".  It is hit the toggle
> instead.
>
> I recommend `@' as the keybinding instead of `(' for toggling.

I think it's too late to change the keybinding now, and I don't really
see the need (at this point, five years later) to add the suggestions --
surely people can find this if they want to in the manual?

So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no