Subject: Re: Serious bug#1493

From: "Oscar Fuentes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:31:25 +0200

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I can't reproduce it.
>>
>> From the backtrace it seems that it's using qtengine and AFAIR we've
>> had bugs in the past that were actually due to qtengine, and not bugs
>> in emacs.  Maybe ask the OP to try to reproduce the problem with
>> another theme...
>
> Can you reproduce the bug you reported without qtengine?

I'm not sure about what qtengine is, but I'll guess:

Choosing "Use my KDE style in GTK applications" on the appearance
settings, section "GTK Styles and Fonts", make-frame-on-display produces
a segfault, as reported. Choosing "Use another style: Raleigh" works
fine, except for this message on the console:

(emacs:12482): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

just after `delete-frame' on the frame created with `make-frame-on-display'.

I'm working on Kubuntu 8.10 x86_64 KDE 4.2.2.

Hope this helps.

-- 
Oscar