Subject: Re: 23.0.60; make-frame-on-display segfaults

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 18:50:14 +0100

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks.  What is the output from
>
> f 2
> p window
> xwindow
> p *w
> p *f

(gdb) f 2                                                           
#2  0x000000000044bb76 in redisplay_window (window=50766436, just_this_one_p=0)
    at xdisp.c:13292                                                           
13292     set_buffer_internal_1 (XBUFFER (w->buffer));                         
(gdb) p window                                                                 
$4 = 50766436                                                                  
(gdb) x window                                                                 
0x306a264:      0x40000000                                                     
(gdb) p *w                                                                     
$5 = {size = 4611686018427392051, vec_next = 0x306a000, frame = 50763108,      
  mini_p = 11677505, next = 11677409, prev = 50765828, hchild = 11677409,      
  vchild = 11677409, parent = 11677409, left_col = 0, top_line = 312,          
  total_lines = 11875332, total_cols = 688, buffer = 11677409, start = 50292394, 
  pointm = 50292434, force_start = 11677409, optional_new_start = 11677409,      
  hscroll = 0, min_hscroll = 0, use_time = 0, sequence_number = 48,              
  temslot = 11677409, last_modified = 0, last_overlay_modified = 0,              
  last_point = 0, last_had_star = 11677409, vertical_scroll_bar = 11677409,      
  left_margin_cols = 11677409, right_margin_cols = 11677409,                     
  left_fringe_width = 11677409, right_fringe_width = 11677409,                   
  fringes_outside_margins = 11677409, scroll_bar_width = 11677409,               
  vertical_scroll_bar_type = 11677505, last_mark_x = 11677409,                   
  last_mark_y = 11677409, window_end_pos = 0, window_end_vpos = 0,               
  window_end_valid = 11677409, update_mode_line = 11677409,                      
  start_at_line_beg = 11677409, display_table = 11677409, dedicated = 11677409,  
  base_line_number = 11677409, base_line_pos = 11677409,                         
  region_showing = 11677409, column_number_displayed = 11677409,                 
  redisplay_end_trigger = 11677409, resize_proportionally = 11677409,            
  orig_total_lines = 11677409, orig_top_line = 11677409,                         
  window_parameters = 11677409, current_matrix = 0x0, desired_matrix = 0x0,      
  nrows_scale_factor = 1, ncols_scale_factor = 1, last_cursor = {x = 0, y = 0,   
    hpos = 0, vpos = 0}, cursor = {x = 0, y = 0, hpos = 0, vpos = 0},            
  phys_cursor = {x = 0, y = 0, hpos = 0, vpos = 0}, phys_cursor_type = -1,       
  phys_cursor_width = -1, phys_cursor_ascent = -520050297,                       
  phys_cursor_height = -520050041, phys_cursor_on_p = 0, cursor_off_p = 0,       
  last_cursor_off_p = 0, must_be_updated_p = 1, pseudo_window_p = 0,             
  frozen_window_start_p = 0, vscroll = 0, window_end_bytepos = 0}                
(gdb) p *f                                                                       
$6 = {size = 4611686018427388949, next = 0x3055a70, name = 14976691,             
  icon_name = 11677409, title = 11677409, focus_frame = 11677409,                
  root_window = 11677409, selected_window = 50765828,                            
  minibuffer_window = 50766436, param_alist = 12517653, scroll_bars = 11677409,  
  condemned_scroll_bars = 11677409, menu_bar_items = 50992452,                   
  face_alist = 13996101, menu_bar_vector = 51950020,                             
  buffer_predicate = 11677409, buffer_list = 17392885,                           
  buried_buffer_list = 11677409, menu_bar_window = 11677409,                     
  tool_bar_window = 11677409, tool_bar_items = 46677444,                         
  desired_tool_bar_string = 11677409, current_tool_bar_string = 11677409,        
  face_cache = 0x0, menu_bar_items_used = 5267, namebuf = 0x0,                   
  current_pool = 0x0, desired_pool = 0x0, desired_matrix = 0x0,                  
  current_matrix = 0x0, glyphs_initialized_p = 0, resized_p = 0,                 
  force_flush_display_p = 1, default_face_done_p = 1, already_hscrolled_p = 0,
  updated_p = 0, minimize_tool_bar_window_p = 0, external_tool_bar = 1,
  tool_bar_lines = 0, n_tool_bar_rows = 0, n_tool_bar_items = 14,
  decode_mode_spec_buffer = 0x30a1040 '-' <repeats 200 times>...,
  insert_line_cost = 0x0, delete_line_cost = 0x0, insert_n_lines_cost = 0x0,
  delete_n_lines_cost = 0x0, text_lines = 40, text_cols = 80, total_lines = 0,
  total_cols = 86, new_text_lines = 0, new_text_cols = 0, left_pos = 48,
  top_pos = 67, pixel_height = 600, pixel_width = 602, resx = 74.95561959654178,
  resy = 75.027692307692291, x_pixels_diff = 0, y_pixels_diff = 22,
  win_gravity = 1, size_hint_flags = 0, border_width = 2,
  internal_border_width = 0, column_width = 7, space_width = 7,
  line_height = 15, output_method = output_x_window, terminal = 0x0,
  output_data = {tty = 0x0, x = 0x0, w32 = 0x0, ns = 0x0, nothing = 0},
  font_driver_list = 0x306a820, font_data_list = 0x0, fringe_cols = 3,
  left_fringe_width = 10, right_fringe_width = 11,
  want_fullscreen = FULLSCREEN_NONE, menu_bar_lines = 0, external_menu_bar = 1,
  display_preempted = 0 '\0', visible = 0 '\0', iconified = 0 '\0',
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
  async_visible = 0 '\0', async_iconified = 0 '\0', garbaged = 0 '\0',
  has_minibuffer = 1 '\001', wants_modeline = 1 '\001',
  can_have_scroll_bars = 1 '\001', auto_raise = 0 '\0', auto_lower = 0 '\0',
  no_split = 0 '\0', explicit_name = 0 '\0', window_sizes_changed = 0 '\0',
  mouse_moved = 1 '\001', vertical_scroll_bar_type = vertical_scroll_bar_left,
  desired_cursor = FILLED_BOX_CURSOR, cursor_width = 0,
  blink_off_cursor = DEFAULT_CURSOR, blink_off_cursor_width = 0,
  message_buf = 0x30d8630 "`7\n\003", scroll_bottom_vpos = -1,
  config_scroll_bar_width = 16, config_scroll_bar_cols = 3,
  scroll_bar_actual_width = 21, cost_calculation_baud_rate = 19200, alpha = {-1,
    -1}, gamma = 0, extra_line_spacing = 0, background_pixel = 16777215,
  foreground_pixel = 0}

-- 
Oscar