Subject: 24.3.50; Move search menu items to Search menu

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:37:33 -0700 (PDT)

Menu `Tools' is overloaded and becoming a catch-all - a place to throw
stuff that one doesn't want to take the time to find a good place for.

Search stuff should all be moved to menu `Search'.  This includes, e.g.,
`Search Files (grep)' and `Directory Search' (not sure of this one,
since this submenu seems to be a hodgepodge of directory-service
commands and is not limited to directory-service _search_ - see bug
#14919).

I also recommend moving menu `Search' to the top level, out from under
`Edit', and moving menu `Replace' under `Search' (it would be search and
replace, but a top-level menu name needs to be short).

I also recommend moving menus `Bookmarks' and `Go To' under top-level
menu `Search'.

Menu `Search' might also include submenu `Spell Checking'.  If that is
not moved to `Search' it should be moved to `Edit' from `Tools'.

Menu `Search' would thus be about searching in general: searching the
content of files, buffers, whatever, but also finding objects (files,
buffers, whatever).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-07-14 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113423 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS='-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS='-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'
 LDFLAGS='-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib''