Subject: bug#14906: Couldn't store article in group nnimap+Uni:INBOX: ((i am an optimist))

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:51:24 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Today, when I send a mail which is gcc-ed to some of my imap groups,
>> the mail is sent, and then Emacs/Gnus hangs.  When I hit C-g I get a
>> message
>>
>>   Couldn't store article in group nnimap+Uni:INBOX: ((i am an optimist))
>>
>> When I refresh the group using M-g in *Group*, the message I've just
>> sent is there, so it seemed to have worked anyway...
>
> You have a mailbox that's really named "INBOX: ((i am an optimist))"?

No, I don't.  I've thought that was some funny message by one of you
Gnus guys, but apparently it doesn't occur in the Gnus code...

I really wonder how that string made it into the Gcc header.  I use
gcc-self group parameters with value either t or some specific
sent-group string in mailinglist groups...

That I've typed it accidentally there is also almost impossible...  So
this will probably remain a mystery.

Bye,
Tassilo