Subject: bug#14901: Trunk bootstrap broken

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:38:52 +0200

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Not so wonderful.

I mean't "wonderful that the Cygwin port is not broken".

>  (Doesn't anyone watch compiler warnings these days?)

I compile with full warnings, so unfortunately that means that there
are almost too many warnings. So I check the warnings mostly on
bootstrap (where I compare the previous log with the latest one to
detect any new warning).

> Using this:
>
>     struct x_display_info *di;
>
> on anything but X11 is a no-no, since that struct is not portable.
> The portable way is to use Display_Info, which a type defined on any
> platform we support (including TTYs and even MS-DOS).  No need for the
> DISPLAY_INFO macro, either.

Cool, thanks.

> This whole rigmarole with multiple HAVE_* is not needed at all, since
> HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM captures all of them.

We have tons of macros, and only a few of them are described in
admin/CPP-DEFINES.

> I fixed both of the above in trunk revision 113456.  I've verified
> this to compile on GNU/Linux and on MS-Windows, I expect the NS port
> will build without any problems, too.

Thanks.