Subject: Re: bug#14890: Wrong hash for tzdata

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:12:09 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2013 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> Hmm, works for me:
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix build tzdata -S

Yes, downloading the source from hydra works. The result is the file
   /nix/store/gryg2h8lp3s8cc4zgxw14yn7d0wgc9lq-tzdata2013d.tar.gz
but it is only a tar, non gzipped. (I was making assumptions about how 
things are stored on hydra, which were apparently wrong. In any case, I end 
up with a file in the store that is not compressed.)

$ guix build tzdata --no-substitutes -S
gives the error message.

And
$ guix download http://www.iana.org/time-
zones/repository/releases/tzdata2013d.tar.gz
outputs
/nix/store/75pgvyrgx8z1z534y9nk2rcr0x9rhfva-tzdata2013d.tar.gz
011v63ppr73vhjgxv00inkn5pc7z48i8lhbapkpdq3kfczq9c76d

The hash in the package description seems to be for the non-compressed 
file, also stored on hydra, while the download tries to store the 
compressed file, which has a different hash.

Andreas