Subject: Re: bug#14881: 24.3.50; Odd cursor movement with images (or lines with different heights?)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:13:18 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I misunderstood your original description.  Yes, I see this, too.  But
> it is simply a matter of deciding what is the "middle" line of a
> window.  Emacs currently looks, starting from the window's beginning,
> for the first screen line whose Y pixel coordinate is _past_ the
> middle of the window.  I think that is what you see.

Ah, I see.

>> If we're at the first image, `C-p' will place point on the fifth image,
>
> Not here.  I see point on the same 5th image (starting from the window
> beginning) with both C-p and C-n.  Are you sure you type C-p slowly
> enough to see the effect of each one of them separately?

Yes, that's what I was trying to explain that I was seeing, too.  :-)

But I see now -- `C-n' and `C-p' are consistent: They both place point
on the fifth image.  I was sorta expecting `C-n' to move a "over" the
middle to be more "symmetric".  But I guess this way of placing point
after scrolling makes sense.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/