Subject: bug#14881: 24.3.50; Odd cursor movement with images (or lines with different heights?)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:07:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I cannot reproduce this.  Is this in "emacs -Q"?  If so, how many
> complete images do you see in the window before the C-n that scrolls two lines
> instead of 4, and is there a partially-visible image at the bottom
> (and if so, which part of it is visible)?

It's with "emacs -Q".

The frame is 521 pixels high, so I see six and a half images.  I think
it's debatable whether the current way it puts point after `C-n' is
wrong, but it seems unsymmetrical to what `C-p' is doing, at least.

For me, `C-n' when standing on the sixth image (with the seventh
half-visible) will put point on the fifth image (after scrolling).  I
think putting point on the third would possibly seem more intuitive.

If we're at the first image, `C-p' will place point on the fifth image,
which seems kinda natural.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/