Subject: Re: bug#14881: 24.3.50; Odd cursor movement with images (or lines with different heights?)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:57:15 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> C-n doesn't always take you to the next line since Emacs 22, and not
> only with tall images.

Well...  I'm using a lot of modes with (small) images in them, and `C-n'
has mostly taken me to the next line.  There's been some corner cases if
point was actually on an image, but it's mostly worked.  

> Anyway, you should have what you wanted in trunk revision 113442.  I
> hope you like it.

Great, now `C-n' reliably takes me to the next line; thanks.

> FWIW, this never worked well in Emacs (e.g., try
> C-p in your test case with older Emacsen).

Yeah, `C-p' in buffers with images has had a tendency to do random
things.  :-)  But it now seems to work perfectly.

However, there's a new (well, different) tiny problem with `C-n' now.
In the test buffer, go to the first line and press `C-n' until point is
at the last line in the buffer.  Press `C-n' again.  Point goes to the
next line, but the buffer is only scrolled up two lines instead of the
more natural four (perhaps).  `C-p' the other way does this the expected
way.

Nit-picking.  :-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/