Subject: Re: bug#14881: 24.3.50; Odd cursor movement with images (or lines with different heights?)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:41:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I rather like the way Emacs keeps the entire image in the buffer.
>
> ??? You mean in the window, right?

Yes.

>> Scrolling so that an image is cut off (at the top) is not very pleasant.
>
> Then I think you are in the minority here.  Most people want to see
> the images they scroll across in their entirety, not just some parts
> of them.

These images are smaller than the height of the window, so they are
displayed in their entirety, just as everybody would (or should :-))
want.

Showing an image that's higher than the window is a different matter.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/