Subject: bug#1488: 23.0.60; dired-pop-to-buffer: use fit-window-to-buffer

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:37:22 +0100

> You're referring to the parenthetical note below my patch, right?

Yes.

 > So I
 > tested my patched version of dired-pop-to-buffer after applying your
 > patch.  The result is that dired-pop-to-buffer does not raise an error
 > if I shrink the frame to a size too small to show all marked files,
 > irrespective of the presence or absence of a header line; in both cases
 > I can shrink the frame until only one file can be shown.

Isn't that what you wanted?

 > That is, your
 > patch makes the behavior of dired-pop-to-buffer (with my patch)
 > uniformly like the behavior with a header line without your patch.  Is
 > that what you intend?

I don't understand what you mean here.  What I wanted to resolve in the
first place was to make `fit-window-to-buffer' not issue an error when
the frame is to small.  Is there anything else that doesn't work?

martin