Subject: bug#27630: closed (Byte-compilation warnings for advised functions)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 15:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14860: 26.0.50; Byte-compilation warnings in files.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14860: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14860
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Byte-compilation warnings for advised functions
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:29:48 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I believe I now fixed the warnings for good in bytecomp.el.

        Stefan

Subject: 26.0.50; Byte-compilation warnings in files.el
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 20:41:38 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Compiling files.el produces the following 2 warnings:

  In create-file-buffer:
  files.el:1816:8:Warning: function create-file-buffer used to take 0+
      arguments, now takes 1

  In insert-directory:
  files.el:6595:43:Warning: function insert-directory used to take 0+ arguments,
      now takes 2-4

These warnings are meant to be emitted when a function's signature
changes, but in this case there's no change, so this seems to be a
bug.  The only hint I found as to why this happens is that both
functions appear in advice-add (insert-directory appears in advice-add
only on MS-Windows).

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 780, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2017-07-09 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: c6e94f894bd965c2be47c5a4d79498b48e8b94e0
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101517 10223)
 (symbols 56 21182 1)
 (miscs 48 42 103)
 (strings 16 31903 2054)
 (string-bytes 1 784505)
 (vectors 16 14706)
 (vector-slots 8 490506 11795)
 (floats 8 54 62)
 (intervals 40 271 105)
 (buffers 864 11))