Subject: bug#14853: 24.3.50; fill-paragraph doesn't account for whitespace quite right

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 19:42:14 -0400

tags 14853 notabug
quit

Barry OReilly <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>wrote:
>
>> See sentence-end-double-space.
>>
>>
> Does it matter when the period is going at the end of the line? In that
> case there are zero spaces after it. Anyway, I reproduced the issue with
> sentence-end-double-space t and nil.

With sentence-double-end-space t this

xxxxx xx x xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx.  xxxx xx x
xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx x xxxxxxx xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  xxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx x xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxx xxx'x
xxx xxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx.

fills to

xxxxx xx x xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx.  xxxx xx x
xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx x xxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
xxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx x xxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxx xxxx xxx'x xxx xxx xxxx
xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx.

so notabug?