Subject: bug#14851: linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu disappeared

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 00:30:02 +0200

Hello,

(Cc: Alexandre Oliva of Linux-Libre.)

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The build of linux-libre-headers-3.3.8 currently fails because the tarball 
> cannot be downloaded any more from
>    http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/3.3.8-gnu/
> Instead, there is a new version in
>    http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/3.3.8-gnu1/

I just checked and the latter has a different SHA256
(1860as3dwh7f3im1sq3x06awmil9vppl6igg2gnva5w9mbkw2fc8).

> Should we switch to this one? Or update to the newest version? In all 
> cases, I am afraid a complete rebuild will be triggered, so we might as 
> well advance in the version numbers.

Indeed.

Since we’re about to release a new version of Guix, I’d rather keep
using 3.3.8.

Alexandre: could you reinstate the original
http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/3.3.8-gnu/linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu.tar.xz?

It would be ideal if the tarballs were on ftp.gnu.org.  I could do it if
you don’t want to bother, provided the FTP admins allow it.  WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.