Subject: bug#14851: closed (Re: bug#14851: #14851 - linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu disappeared)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 18:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14851: linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu disappeared

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14851: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14851
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14851: #14851 - linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu disappeared
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 20:56:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

ng0 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Andreas, Ludovic, and others:
>
>   This bug report was last modified 3 years and 258 days ago.
>
> It is my understanding that this bug could be closed. I see no more
> current problems and it makes no sense to keep the bug open just in case
> the problem appears again.
>
> Would you agree?

I do!  Especially with the content-addressed mirror we’ve been hosting
with ‘guix publish’.

Ludo’.

Subject: linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu disappeared
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:02:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The build of linux-libre-headers-3.3.8 currently fails because the tarball 
cannot be downloaded any more from
   http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/3.3.8-gnu/
Instead, there is a new version in
   http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/3.3.8-gnu1/

Should we switch to this one? Or update to the newest version? In all 
cases, I am afraid a complete rebuild will be triggered, so we might as 
well advance in the version numbers.

Andreas