Subject: bug#14851: linux-libre-3.3.8-gnu disappeared

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:30:50 +0200

Alexandre Oliva <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Jul 19, 2013, [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by “multiple GBs of builds per week”?  Linux{,-Libre}
>> releases are not that frequent, are they?
>
> They are.  ATM there are 4 active stable releases that each get one new
> release per week.  There are 3 other LTS stable branches that get
> releases less often.  And then, there are the weekly development -rcs
> for the next release, that I seldom start tracking long before the
> release is out.  This is just for sources, and it adds up to almost 1GB
> per week.

Ah OK, I wasn’t aware of that.

> Adding binaries to the picture grows the entire size by a little bit

Yes, but binaries is not what we’re interested in here.  :-)

>> If size turns out to be a problem, we could choose to keep only LTS
>> releases on ftp.gnu.org, for instance.
>
> Keeping only LTS wouldn't help guix, though, since you're not using an
> LTS release.

Heh but that’s not set in stone, and we don’t use Linux-Libre for
anything beyond building libc.

That’ll change in the near future though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.