Subject: Re: bug#14844: 24.3.50; `line-move-1': remove unused parameter _TO-END

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 02:35:23 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Worse.  It seems that the TO-END arg is not used *anywhere*, and should be
> removed from `line-move' and `line-move-partial' as well.  Too bad these
> functions do not even have doc strings to explain what was intended by the
> creation of this unused parameter.

Well, it's certainly in the calls to it from simple.el:

grep --color -nH -e "line-move-1" `find . -name '*.el'`
./simple.el:5930:	  (line-move-1 arg noerror to-end)
./simple.el:5941:;; This is like line-move-1 except that it also performs
./simple.el:5955:      (line-move-1 arg noerror to-end)
./simple.el:5997:	(line-move-1 arg noerror to-end)))))
./simple.el:5999:;; Display-based alternative to line-move-1.
./simple.el:6071:(defun line-move-1 (arg &optional noerror _to-end)

I'll remove those from the calls, but I think the _to_end parameter will
have to remain in the -1 function.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no