Subject: bug#14822: ^M in info files

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 11:08:26 +0200

> Visiting most info topics (Ada Mode, Emacs Lisp Intro, CC Mode...) on
 > Windows gives info buffers detected as Unix-style and with lines
 > ending in ^M. Some other topics (Emacs, Emacs Lisp, Gnus) work as
 > expected.
 >
 > All info files (in both groups) have CRLF endings, were generated with
 > the same tool and appear to be correct.
 >
 > This is a Windows issue, though there hasn't been any Windows-specific
 > coding-related change lately, so it's likely caused by some generic
 > change.
 >
 > The problem does not happen on 24.3, only trunk.

Ever since this happens etags has stopped to work on routines written in
C here.  I get something like that it couldn't find an identifier with a
^M prepended to the symbol not being found.

Since building the trunk is currently broken here, I can't send the
precise message though.

martin