Subject: bug#14814: 24.3.50; eww: Unable to see Emacswiki's Captcha

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:23:27 +0200

Jambunathan K <[email-masked]> writes:

>> eww could add support for iframes, 
>
> I think it should.  Using Eww to edit Emacswiki will be quite handy
> indeed.  More importantly, there will be opportunities for improving eww
> in (more) useful ways.

Adding iframe support shouldn't be that difficult, but shr would have to
fetch the iframe src synchronously before rendering the rest.  And
rendering would have to take place in an aux buffer (like table
rendering).  And images...  er...  Ok, it'll take more than ten minutes
to implement.  :-)

> According to Emacswiki, "I am human" even if I turn off Javascript.  How
> noble?
>
> The workflow is that I get a "response" which I have to manually
> copy-paste to another textbox.

Huh.

> Don't forget the scroll bars.

That's probably not going to happen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/