Subject: Re: bug#14814: 24.3.50; eww: Unable to see Emacswiki's Captcha

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 22:37:11 +0530

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jambunathan K <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> See the attached screenshot.  Why am I not seeing the captcha offered by
>> Emacswiki?
>
> eww doesn't support iframes, and the captcha is an iframe.

> eww could add support for iframes, 

I think it should.  Using Eww to edit Emacswiki will be quite handy
indeed.  More importantly, there will be opportunities for improving eww
in (more) useful ways.

> but it wouldn't really help much
> here, because I think recaptcha relies on JavaScript to communicate the
> results of the captcha to the originating page.  Doesn't it?  Or does it
> work without JS, too?

According to Emacswiki, "I am human" even if I turn off Javascript.  How
noble?

The workflow is that I get a "response" which I have to manually
copy-paste to another textbox.

>> Bonus points if the Textarea could be edited in the major-mode specific
>> to markup used by the Wiki engine - Creole, Usemod, Oddmuse, Org,
>> Markdown whatever.
>
> That might be nice.

Don't forget the scroll bars.