Subject: bug#14812: 24.3; build failure on FreeBSD 9.1

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 10:51:30 +0530

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:57:37 -0400, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> said:
> Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

>>> The configure.ac patches removes the test for ALSA altogether - why?
>> 
>> ALSA is not native sound system for FreeBSD, and OSS support is already
>> available so it was excluded.

> I don't quite understand. ALSA may be present on a FreeBSD system, and
> if it is, configure detecting it actually breaks Emacs sound support, so
> it should be excluded?

> If the test for ossaudio succeeds, we should not go on to test for alsa
> too? Sounds like this might be general rather than specific to FreeBSD?

In configure, ALSA test is done before falling back to OSS. That's why I've
excluded as OSS is native on FreeBSD.

>> Are the changes for ARM/SPARC architecture from patch-src_sysdep.c
>> good enough ?
>> If you think those are fine, then I can file a bug report along with
>> the changes.

> I don't know. It's certainly worth making an Emacs bug report that
> explains what the problem is and how the patch is supposed to fix it.

Great. I'll file a bug report later today for these changes.

Thanks
-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even
against the whole world, you were not mad.” (George Orwell, "Nineteen
Eighty-Four", 1949)

Sent from my Emacs