Subject: Re: bug#14812: 24.3; build failure on FreeBSD 9.1

From: Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 18:49:42 +0200

On Tue, Jul 09 2013, Paul Eggert wrote:

> On 07/09/2013 07:04 AM, Wolfgang Jenkner wrote:
>> I don't know if this is because of
>> the way emacs uses this stuff or because of a FreeBSD bug.
>
> I suspect that the root problem is that FreeBSD 9.1 lacks
> a working stdalign.h.  Perhaps this is because they're
> implementing C11 gradually and added _Alignof before
> adding stdalign.h.  Or maybe their stdalign.h fails
> the 'configure' test for stdalign.

Sorry, I didn't know that you had already taken care of the bug, and
thanks for the explanation!  I'm a bit confused, though, because we are
talking about a problem which only (IIRC) happens when compiling emacs
with newer versions of gcc, which provide stdalign.h themselves, and the
configure test actually succeeds.  Unfortunately, I can't test things
right now on FreeBSD.

Wolfgang