Subject: Re: bug#14808: 24.3; Tramp hangs on unmatched prompt pattern

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:01:32 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Given an account on a remote server with the same name
>> And a password-less login to that account
>> And a /root/.bashrc has PS1 set to "\W:"
>> When I open a file "/sudo:/etc/passwd"
>> Then I should see a warning 'timeout after 5 seconds, prompt not
>> recognized: "/etc:"'
>
> The timeouts used by Tramp are unique for all different connection
> methods (60 seconds). I will change it for the different methods; a
> timeout for sudo could be much smaller. Keeping this report open until
> this is fixed.

Should be fixed now by another patch I have committed. su-like
connection methods have a timeout of 10 seconds now.

Could you, please, check whether the patches fit your expectations? You
could use either Emacs development version, or Tramp from its git
repository with your Emacs 24.3.

>> Thanks!
>> --
>> Chris

Best regards, Michael.