Subject: bug#14802: 24.3.50; (elisp) Multiple Terminals - what is a terminal attribute?

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 20:03:52 -0800 (PST)

> > What kind of an Emacs thingie is a terminal attribute?
> 
> It's an attribute of a terminal object.

OK, that gives it a name.  Now how about saying what that
is (in the manual)?

Either that or don't introduce the term - it is just vapor
otherwise, and confusing.  Users can wonder what they're missing,
and where to find it.

If the text said "characteristics" or "qualities" or similar,
users wouldn't wonder so much.  But "attribute" typically means
something particular in software.  If what is meant here is the
ordinary English use of the word then I suggest picking a less
technical-sounding equivalent.

If what is meant really is something technical that is known
as a terminal attribute (as one user, I really don't know),
then that term either needs explaining or users should be
sent elsewhere for info about it.