Subject: Re: bug#14799: Request for building PDF manuals in A4 format

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 05:54:06 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Why is it a virtue to avoid new Makefile targets?
>> 
>> It seems like a combinatorial explosion of rules.
>> bovine-a4-odd-page-open/bovine-letter-odd-page-open/bovine-a4-non-odd-page-open/bovine-letter-non-odd-page-open
>> etc.
>
> Did anyone ask for all those additional options?

Yup.  The request was for A4 and odd page opens, which should be
independent options, I think...

> And you can always make the addition targets just set a value of a
> Make variable, which will then be picked up by -t.
>
> Anyway, just an idea.  If no one likes it, I'm okay.

And in any case, I had misunderstood the documentation -- I thought
@ifset was about environment variables, but they aren't.  They're about
flags, so you're right: The only way to inject the flags are via -t
switches.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no