Subject: Re: bug#14793: 23.4; Cannot bind a function to a sequence of two mouse keys

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 21:26:53 +0300

> From: Alex <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 11:53:16 -0600
> 
> > Who said a mouse click could be a prefix key?
> 
> Does the manual state that a mouse click can't be a prefix key?

If you are arguing that the manual is incomplete or inaccurate, I
could agree, but that's a different/separate issue, I'm sure.  Fixing
the docs is easy.

I just asked that question because my reading of the code is that this
is not supported.  Maybe I'm misreading: keyboard.c:read_char is not
for the faint at heart.

> Also, "(emacs) Mouse Buttons" states that "You can put more than one
> mouse button in a key sequence, but it isn’t usual to do so.".
> 
> How would one do this if a mouse click can't be a prefix key?

By making a menu, I presume.