Subject: 24.3.50; cl-map not defined

From: Ivan Andrus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:54:36 -0600

Starting from `emacs -Q`, evaluating

(require 'cl)
(describe-function 'map)

gives

map is an alias for `cl-map',
which is not defined.  Please make a bug report.

So here's the bug report. :-)

Thanks,
Ivan

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.5 (i386-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39)
of 2013-07-02 on ivanandres-MacBookPro
Bzr revision: 113269 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns --with-xml2'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Debbugs

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-visible-mark-mode: t
  visible-mark-mode: t
  gvol-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  drag-stuff-global-mode: t
  drag-stuff-mode: t
  command-frequency-autosave-mode: t
  command-frequency-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
<return> <return> C-y TAB TAB C-k C-; <tab> C-k C-k
C-e C-M-j C-M-k C-/ C-o _ M-l C-M-j <C-backspace> <C-backspace>
TAB TAB TAB C-k C-M-. C-x C-s C-S-x C-S-f C-k C-a C-k
C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-h C-s C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-M-l M-x d o x y m a <tab> <return> TAB TAB TAB TAB
TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB
TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB TAB C-o C-o C-u C-u C-c
? C-c =3D C-c ? C-x ? <C-tab> <C-tab> M-x t d <return>
C-c ? C-k <return> <C-tab> C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k C-k
C-k C-h f c l - m a p <tab> <return> C-g C-x C-f C-g
C-o M-. C-g <C-tab> q <C-tab> C-h f <return> <C-tab>
C-h f c l <tab> - m <tab> <tab> a p <tab> <tab> c a
<tab> <return> C-e C-u <return> C-x C-f c l . e <return>
C-s m a p C-s C-s C-s C-a <C-down> <C-down> <C-up>
<C-tab> M-w M-w M-x d e b b u g s <return> q C-x r
j e C-s d e b b u g s C-s C-s C-s C-a M-x p a c k <return>
C-s d e b u b C-s <backspace> <backspace> b <backspace>
<backspace> b u C-a i x y e s <return> y M-x d e b
b <tab> <return> <return> 1 6 0 0 <return> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-s
c l - C-s m a p C-s C-s C-a C-3 C-e p p p p p p p p
p p p M-x r e p o <return>

Recent messages:
Unknown symbol: =E6=80=9D
Unknown symbol: =E8=89=AF
Unknown symbol: =C5=A0
Unknown symbol: =C3=89
Unknown symbol: =C5=A0 [2 times]
Unknown symbol: =E6=9D=8E
Unknown symbol: =E4=B8=81
Unknown symbol: =E6=B6=82
Unknown symbol: =E5=9D=9A
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
~/vcs/emacs-clang-complete-async/auto-complete-clang-async hides /Users/iva=
nandres/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-clang-async-20130526.2314/auto-complete=
-clang-async
/Users/ivanandres/vcs/sage-mode/emacs/.dir-locals hides /Users/ivanandres/.=
emacs.d/elpa/highlight-parentheses-20130523.1752/.dir-locals
/Users/ivanandres/vcs/sage-mode/emacs/.dir-locals hides /Users/ivanandres/.=
emacs.d/elpa/highlight-symbol-20130628.1552/.dir-locals
/Users/ivanandres/vcs/sage-mode/emacs/.dir-locals hides /Users/ivanandres/.=
emacs.d/elpa/magit-20130624.2315/.dir-locals
/Users/ivanandres/.emacs.d/elpa/php+-mode-20121129.1452/string-utils hides =
/Users/ivanandres/.emacs.d/elpa/string-utils-20121108.1917/string-utils
/Users/ivanandres/vcs/sage-mode/emacs/.dir-locals hides /Users/ivanandres/v=
cs/emacs/local/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mm-archive message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode autoload lisp-mnt tar-mode mule-util
mail-utils parse-time network-stream starttls url-cache finder-inf
vc-bzr debug hi-lock dabbrev etags-select find-file ibuf-ext ibuffer
diff-mode vc-svn vc-cvs vc-dir ewoc url-http tls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw php+-mode php+-zf php-test
php-tags etags php-string php-refactor php-lineup php-help php-font-lock
php-edit php-format php-structure php-utils php-doc php-project
php-funcs php-parse string-utils php-const php-completion meta-mode
arc-mode archive-mode tramp-cache mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core
rect wgrep-ack wgrep ack-and-a-half grep browse-url url-handlers
misearch multi-isearch superword subword skeleton ffap epg epg-config
org-element gap-mode gap-process dired+ dired-x dired-aux dired
org-table disp-table whitespace make-mode sh-script executable
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
ruby-mode smie sage-mode derived sage-compat esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util hippie-exp semantic/imenu semantic/sb semantic/sort
semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/wisent/python
semantic/db-mode semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/dep semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent hideshow python conf-mode elide-head ede/cpp-root
ede/generic ede/shell eieio-opt ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base
ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image dframe eieio-custom
semantic/db eieio-base vc-git c-eldoc tempo url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap xml-parse doxymacs cc-langs info-look cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs preview prv-emacs latexenc org-colview tabify cal-iso org-mobile
reveal org-archive org-id apropos help-mode org-mouse org-irc org-habit
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-info org-gnus org-docview org-ctags
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb gvol-light-theme tex-fold reftex-dcr
reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars tex-bar toolbar-x font-latex latex edmacro
kmacro tex-style sage-latex org-latex org-export-latex org-beamer
footnote org-crypt ob-python org-clock org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval
org-loaddefs find-func tex-buf tex crm vc-hg eldoc highlight-parentheses
greedy-delete hl-sexp highlight-symbol thingatpt time uniquify saveplace
semantic/idle semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/ctxt which-func imenu paren semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet msb
mb-depth icomplete hl-line delsel image-file cus-start cus-load
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs warnings
autoinsert tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec smex
ido visible-mark parenface fold commit-patch-buffer log-edit pcvs-util
add-log vc vc-dispatcher sage sage-load jka-compr recentf tree-widget
wid-edit rx xml flymake compile comint ansi-color ring tex-site desktop
drag-stuff browse-kill-ring backtr command-frequency uptimes pp server
easy-mmode assoc advice windmove ac-math-autoloads
ace-jump-mode-autoloads ack-and-a-half-autoloads
auto-complete-clang-autoloads c-eldoc-autoloads
command-frequency-autoloads confluence-autoloads
confluence-edit-autoloads etags-select-autoloads gap-mode-autoloads
goto-last-change-autoloads hl-sexp-autoloads jabber-autoloads
json-mode-autoloads info easymenu mainline-autoloads
mark-multiple-autoloads php+-mode-autoloads php-eldoc-autoloads
popup-autoloads help-fns cl-macs gv cl nadvice cl-loaddefs cl-lib
visible-mark-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)