Subject: Re: bug#14778: 24.3; Woman elapsed time calculation fails.

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 12:06:04 -0400

"Greenberg, Adam" wrote:

> Emacs reports this error: Invalid time specification whenever I
> execute woman. For example m-x woman hostname (invoke woman to view
> the hostname man page).

I cannot reproduce this. Does it happen with emacs -Q?

> The error occurs in the line:
>     (setq time (float-time (time-since start-time)))
>
> The error is that time-since returns the value of a time difference
> (already a float value) not a time value.

Not for me it doesn't. What does the following return for you:

(time-since before-init-time)

For me it returns eg

(0 123 804775 342000)

What does

C-h f time-since

say?

> In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
>  of 2013-07-01 on vlelayerdev3