Subject: bug#14766: 24.3.50; sometimes "Memory exhausted" on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 23:24:31 -0400

On 7/2/2013 10:30 PM, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Ken Brown wrote:
>> , then it would really help if you could pin down the exact bzr
>> revision at which the problem first occurred.
>
> It (bug#14569) started in the morning of 06 June, 2013 (in Japan).
> I'm building bzr Emacs every morning of week days, so the suspected
> revision will possibly be one of these:
>
> revno: 112865
> timestamp: Wed 2013-06-05 23:45:34 +0300 (Thu Jun  6 05:45:34 2013 +0900)
> revno: 112859
> timestamp: Wed 2013-06-05 10:04:13 -0700 (Thu Jun  6 02:04:13 2013 +0900)
> revno: 112854
> timestamp: Wed 2013-06-05 14:17:02 +0200 (Wed Jun  5 21:17:02 2013 +0900)
> revno: 112851
> timestamp: Tue 2013-06-04 21:58:43 -0400 (Wed Jun  5 10:58:43 2013 +0900)

In a different bug report you mentioned that you configure with the 
following options:

--with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-imagemagick --without-dbus 
--without-gconf --without-gsettings

Superficially it would seem that there's no reason for your build to 
link with glib.  But obviously it does link with glib, or else bug#14569 
wouldn't have affected you.  My guess is that revno 112830 on June 3, 
which introduced gfilenotify, is what caused your build to link with 
glib.  Is it possible that gfilenotify doesn't work well with the lucid 
toolkit?  Or perhaps the tickling of glib causes problems when the lucid 
toolkit is used?

Michael and Paul, do you have any ideas here?

Ken