Subject: Re: bug#14765: 24.3.50; desktop-restore-frames on NS does not work

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:48:12 +0200

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Saving frames on NS (OSX or GnuStep) does not work.
> It only restores one frame, the last one created, no matter how many
> frames where saved (I tried, two, three and four).

> Error restoring frame: "Don't know how to interpret display \"\"zeplin.localdomain\"\"" [2 times]

With the current code, the first frame is not created, just reused.
For the others, desktop--restore-frames is calling
make-frame-on-display and passing it the expected display and the
saved frame info.

The expected display, assuming that you didn't set
`destop-restore-in-current-display', is the value of the saved frame's
display property (i.e., the result of (cdr (assq 'display config)). In
this case, "zeplin.localdomain".

So the question is, what happens if you do M-: (make-frame-on-display
"zeplin.localdomain") <RET>?

If that works, then it is possible that the make-frame-on-display is
failing because of other frame parameters; please try with just two
frames and show the contents of desktop--saved-states.