Subject: bug#14759: 24.3; customize-mode in m2-mode, sql-mode, and more

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:06:45 +1000

In each of

    M-x m2-mode
    M-x sql-mode
    M-x display-time-world  which is display-time-world-mode 
    M-x info                which is Info-mode
    M-x man                 which is Man-mode

doing

    M-x customize-mode

prompts for a "Major mode" where I hoped it would go straight to the
relevant defgroup.

Perhaps the respective define-derived-mode definitions could have
:group,

    m2-mode                 :group 'modula2
    sql-mode                :group 'SQL
    display-time-world-mode :group 'display-time
    Info-mode               :group 'info
    Man-mode                :group 'man

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-05-29 on blah.blah, modified by Debian
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-znocombreloc'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t