Subject: Creating w32 frame on -nw Emacs on windows crashes

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:42:38 +0200

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

emacs -Q -nw
M-: (make-frame-on-display "w32") <RET>

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x770b321a in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x770b321a in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from
C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
#1  0x011eced1 in emacs_abort () at w32fns.c:7783
#2  0x01205edb in get_frame_dc (f=0x349d4d0
<__register_frame_info+55170256>) at w32xfns.c:134
#3  0x011f0c00 in w32font_text_extents (font=0x36192a8
<__register_frame_info+56726184>, code=0x88c80c, nglyphs=1,
metrics=0x14d6c94)
    at w32font.c:535
#4  0x0105b6ee in get_per_char_metric (font=0x36192a8
<__register_frame_info+56726184>, char2b=0x88c872 L"\036\r") at
xdisp.c:22867
#5  0x01062c1e in x_produce_glyphs (it=0x88d340) at xdisp.c:24693
#6  0x010512be in display_line (it=0x88d340) at xdisp.c:19423
#7  0x01047b7b in try_window (window=56692133, pos=..., flags=1) at
xdisp.c:16202
#8  0x01045f1e in redisplay_window (window=56692133,
just_this_one_p=0) at xdisp.c:15732
#9  0x01040905 in redisplay_window_0 (window=56692133) at xdisp.c:13772
#10 0x0116b424 in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=0x10408cf
<redisplay_window_0>, arg=56692133, handlers=55086046,
    hfun=0x10408ab <redisplay_window_error>) at eval.c:1326
#11 0x01040892 in redisplay_windows (window=56692133) at xdisp.c:13752
#12 0x0103f842 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13363
#13 0x0103d1f2 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:12652
#14 0x010e05e2 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=58198614,
prev_event=55101466, used_mouse_menu=0x88fac3, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2568
#15 0x010ecf3b in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x88fbe0, bufsize=30,
prompt=55101466, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true) at keyboard.c:9079
#16 0x010ddf95 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#17 0x0116b354 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10ddc14
<command_loop_1>, handlers=55155882, hfun=0x10dd484 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1289
#18 0x010dd8b2 in command_loop_2 (ignore=55101466) at keyboard.c:1164
#19 0x0116ae3d in internal_catch (tag=55145762, func=0x10dd88e
<command_loop_2>, arg=55101466) at eval.c:1063
#20 0x010dd86a in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1143
#21 0x010dd001 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:776
#22 0x010dd1bd in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:840
#23 0x010db4ab in main (argc=3, argv=0xae3010) at emacs.c:1550

Lisp Backtrace:
"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x152149c)